We respectfully ask our visitors to adhere to our policies on dress and mobile phones.
•Shorts – Only tailored shorts are acceptable and must be worn with knee-length socks or white sport ankle socks. Please note that tennis shorts or other sporting models are not permitted. (If dressed in shorts, please enter and leave the Moran/Lumsden rooms by the back stairs only)
• Golf shoes – Soft spike golf shoes only. (If wearing soft spike shoes, please enter and leave the Moran/Lumsden rooms by the back stairs only)
• Trousers – Only full-length tailored trousers are permitted. Trouser legs should not, under any circumstances, be tucked into socks. The wearing of denim or combats jeans is prohibited.
• Footwear– The wearing of trainers/runners or open-toed sandals is prohibited, though Juniors may wear smart casual runners. (The Committee is aware that many modern golf shoes have similar design to trainers/runners but as long as they are golf shoes, they are acceptable.)
• Shirts – Shirts should be smart collared shirts or polo shirts. Shirts with numbers on the back are not permissible. The wearing of collarless, sleeveless, t-shirts and/or football jerseys (GAA, rugby, soccer, etc.) is not acceptable.
• Headgear – The wearing of caps/hats is only acceptable on the links and in the locker room.
• Formal jackets for men – Formal jackets must be worn by members, visitors and guests in the Christy O’Connor Room and the Dining Room. The jacket rule is relaxed for under eighteens during Sunday lunch in the Dining Room. At formal Club dinners (such as Captain’s Supper, Captain’s Dinner, Captain’s Dinner for Five-Day Members, Captain’s Dinner for Junior Members and President’s Dinner), a formal jacket and tie must be worn. Formal jacket and tie must be worn at all general meetings of the Club such as an AGM or EGM.
• In the clubhouse, mobile phones may be used in the hall, the locker room and on the landing.
• Smartphones may be used to browse the internet but not to receive or send calls or texts in prohibited areas.
• The use of mobile phones on the links is not permitted, except in exceptional circumstances, such as in the case of medical emergencies or equipment breakdown.