Job Advertisement - Finance Manager
Job Description – Finance Manager
The Royal Dublin Golf Club, founded in 1885, is a traditional private members' golf club which also caters to overseas visiting golfers. Royal Dublin is one Ireland’s finest links courses and has a proud championship history.
The Club is now inviting applications for the position of Finance Manager. The Club are looking for a highly motivated individual who has proven experience in financial management. The successful candidate will manage all the financial affairs of the Club, while also playing a key role in the IT and HR responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager
- Preparation and presentation of monthly accounts on a timely basis as well as developing a suite of KPIs and other financial reports to assist decision-making.
- Preparation of year-end accounts to meet strict AGM deadlines.
- To provide financial information to the General Manager and the Council as part of the decision-making process.
- Develop and manage the production of the annual operating budget and initiate corrective action where performance falls behind budget.
- Ensure financial records are maintained to ensure compliance with accepted policies and best practice procedures.
- Prepare and implement an ongoing Cost Reduction Program to include regular tenders for key suppliers.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Maintain a Fixed Asset Register and register of Maintenance Contracts.
- Oversees the annual renewal of the Club insurance policy.
- Prepares all the financial documents for the annual audit and works closely with the external auditor.
- Manages all the financial elements of the membership subscriptions including issuing, setting up of direct debits and issuing of outstanding letters/phone calls for overdue payments.
- Responsible for any financial tasks that the Club need to be carried out e.g. the application of grants, government supports etc.
- Preparation of Monthly and Annual PAYE/PRSI and VAT through ROS, ensuring all taxes are paid and reported to Revenue on time.
- To ensure employee and employer pension contributions are paid into the pension scheme correctly and on time.
- Process of payroll, both weekly and monthly, for all employees of the Club and ensure adequate control procedures are implemented
- Ensure effective delegation of work to the Accounts Assistant, managing workloads and deliverables.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the General Manager and the other Heads of Department, working with them to achieve stated Club goals.
- Highlight identified risk issues and matters of concern to the General Manager.
- Recommend, develop and maintain appropriate computer software systems, manual filling systems and database (financial, supplier, membership etc.) and ensure relevant and appropriate records are maintained.
- Responsible for the coordination of maintenance of the IT systems of the Club, including the sourcing and implementation of new IT systems if required.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, oversee and implementing the HR function within the Club including maintenance of staff records and contract arrangements.
Requirements of the Finance Manager
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Finance Manager, or a position of a similar standard. This role would also suit someone with 2-3 years post-qualification experience who is looking to move into a more senior role.
- Qualifications: Qualified Accountant (ACE, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) with at least 2-3 PQE
- Experience in using proprietary computer software systems such as Sage, Internet Banking, and databases are desirable. Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills are essential
- The successful candidate must act with integrity, be reliable and trustworthy.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
- To be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- The Finance Manager will be part of the operational management team and will provide input in the running of the Club.
- Undergo continuous professional development to ensure you are continually improving your financial knowledge as well as your leadership and management skills.
A remuneration package commensurate with the role will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications should be sent to the General Manager Jeff Fallon. Your application should include a CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role. Applications, will be handled in strictest confidence, can be submitted via email to email@example.com by Monday 7th of March 2022.