Job Description – Mechanic-Greenkeeper
The Royal Dublin Golf Club, founded in 1885, is a traditional private members' golf club which also caters to overseas visiting golfers. The Mechanic-Greenkeeper would be responsible for the running of workshop and would also assist with the routine golf course maintenance tasks as directed by the Head Greenkeeper.
Responsibilities of the Mechanic-Greenkeeper
- Maintaining all of the golf club machinery ensuring routine maintenance for the fleet is carefully planned and carried out to manufactures specifications and guidelines.
- Experience of operating welding equipment.
- Compliance with all health and safety procedures.
- An understanding of and be competent in the use of modern golf machinery.
- Mowing of turf (fairway, surrounds, greens, and rough) using tractors, ride-on machines and specialist hand mowers.
- Treating turf to ensure consistent playing surfaces.
- Setting up the golf course each day for play including the layout of the course e.g. tee marker placement, and cutting of new hole location
- Using environmentally friendly treatments to control weeds, fungal diseases and pests when instructed to do so by supervisors or management.
- Use of mechanically propelled vehicles such as tractors, top dressers, utility vehicles and sprayers
- Maintain good standards of health and safety for self and others.
- Complete any training that is put on by the Club.
- Renovating and maintaining bunkers and other hazards such as water features.
- Hand hosing high points and stressed areas of turf when required.
- All other greenkeeping related duties and any tasks requested by the Head or Deputy Greenkeepers.
Requirements of the Mechanic-Greenkeeper
- Mechanical experience required.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on one's own initiative.
- To be available for work Monday through Sunday.
- Excellent time keeping and an understanding of how a golf course should be presented are both key requirements.
- Ability to work out doors for 12 months of the year.
- Full driving license.
- A remuneration package commensurate with the role will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Overtime is paid weekdays at time and a half and on weekends at double time.
- The Club has a defined contribution pension scheme that employees can join.
All applications should be sent to the General Manager Jeff Fallon. Applications, will be handled in strictest confidence, can be submitted via email to email@example.com by Monday 20th of July.