The Royal Dublin Golf Club - Job Vacancy - Clubhouse Manager
Job Description – Clubhouse Manager
The Royal Dublin Golf Club, founded in 1885, is a traditional private members' golf club which also caters to overseas visiting golfers. The Royal Dublin Golf Club are looking to recruit a Clubhouse Manager with a thorough understanding of the delivery of first class hospitality. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and at least five year’s relevant experience including managing and motivating staff. The Clubhouse Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Clubhouse which includes the bar and restaurant areas, the locker room, front of house, and all other areas of the clubhouse facility.
The Clubhouse Manager will oversee all the clubhouse related operational issues, ensuring that the facility is kept in a clean and presentable manner at all times while overseeing the staff to ensure they provide an efficient and welcoming level of service to all members and guests. The Clubhouse Manager needs to ensure that budgets and margin targets are adhered to.
Responsibilities of the Clubhouse Manager
- Working with the General Manager to establish and implement standards of performance within all areas of the Clubhouse while ensuring that all services offered are of the highest standards of quality and all employees are trained in the delivery of same.
- Overseeing all Clubhouse staff, ensuring that they are carrying out the duties they have been assigned to do while at the same time providing a welcoming environment for golfers to enjoy their clubhouse experience.
- Responding to all Clubhouse related enquiries in a prompt and professional manner. When new events are booked they are to be recorded in the Booking Event Form spreadsheet with all relevant information. That information is then circulated amongst all departments to ensure they are kept informed of upcoming events.
- Ensuring staff rotas are adhered to and that time sheets are checked with the Club’s Accountant.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are completed correctly and that all end of day reports are reconciled with any discrepancies fully investigated.
- Responsible for health & safety, cleanliness, and sanitation of all facilities.
- Overseeing the locker room facilities, working closely with the locker room attendants to ensure that those areas are kept clean and presentable at all times.
- Acting as the Bar Manager and therefore being responsible for the ordering and maintaining of stocks of wines, beers, sprits, soft drinks and snacks for the bar. Ensuring proper stock rotation, preventing over-stocking, and generally run a neat, clean and organised cellar.
- Ensuring the development and training of staff in new systems methods and procedures that may be introduced into all areas from time to time.
- Setting a good example for management and staff with regard to punctuality, attendance, attitude and application to work.
- Maintaining fair discipline and fostering a spirit of co-operation and pride in the daily work lives of the staff members throughout the clubhouse operation.
- Working closely with the Dining Room Supervisor and the Head Chef to ensure that the level of food served and the quality of the service is of the required standard.
- Responsible for communication with all staff within the Clubhouse which includes the chairing of a weekly meeting with the Dining Room Supervisor, Head Chef, General Manager, and other operational staff who are deemed necessary for attendance.
Requirements of the Clubhouse Manager
- Five years previous experience as a Bar Manager, ideally with catering experience and experience working in High End Hotels/Venues
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on one's own initiative.
- To be available for work Monday through Sunday and to be on duty for all major Club social and golfing event.
- 3rd Level Qualification preferable.
- IT literacy required. Able to use Microsoft Office and EPOS systems.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and experience in managing a team.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- A genuine interest in food & beverage.
A remuneration package commensurate with the seniority of the role will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications should be sent to the General Manager Jeff Fallon. Applications, which will be handled in strictest confidence, can be submitted via email to email@example.com by Wednesday April 4th.