Job Description – Head Chef
The Royal Dublin Golf Club, founded in 1885, is a traditional private members' golf club which also caters to overseas visiting golfers. The Royal Dublin Golf Club are looking to recruit a Head Chef with a thorough understanding of the delivery of first class food. The ideal candidate will have excellent culinary, organisational and management skills and at least five year’s relevant management experience including managing and motivating staff.
The Head Chef will be responsible for all aspects of the management of the kitchen including food preparation, stock control, staff management, and HACCP compliance. The Head Chef will be working closely with the Clubhouse Manager to ensure that all aspects of the kitchen are run to the highest possible standard.
Responsibilities of the Head Chef
- On duty for all major Club social events plus key catering days of the week which are primarily Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Overall responsibility for the kitchen daily operations.
- Implementation of all HACCP requirements and procedures to ensure we are fully compliant from a food health and safety perspective.
- Give clear direction to the kitchen staff (kitchen porters and chefs) of what HACCP procedures need to be followed.
- Preparation of a Standard Operating Procedure outlining all the dishes that are on the menus.
- Ensure that the quality and presentation of the food is prepared to the same level by all chefs on a consistent basis.
- Be fully in charge of recruitment and management of the kitchen staff.
- Provide and record all training for our kitchen staff.
- Input into the preparation of menus ensuring local, seasonal, and fresh ingredients are used where possible.
- Monitoring and controlling stock levels ensuring correct stock rotation procedures are followed.
- Advise on suppliers and ensure deliveries are weighed, recorded and stored correctly.
- Estimating costs and ensuring all purchases come within budget.
- In conjunction with the Clubhouse Manager take care of the kitchen’s accounts and preparation of the weekly roster.
- Attain a Catering margin of 62%.
- Arrange for kitchen repairs when necessary.
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers.
Requirements of the Head Chef
- Minimum of three years previous experience as a Head Chef.
- Exceptional proven ability of Kitchen Management including staff, Health & Safety/HACCP.
- Outstanding cooking, communication, and organisational skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on one's own initiative.
- To be available for work Monday through Sunday and to be on duty for all major Club social and golfing events.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and experience in managing a team.
A remuneration package commensurate with the seniority of the role will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications should be sent to the General Manager Jeff Fallon. Applications, will be handled in strictest confidence, can be submitted via email to email@example.com by Monday April 22nd.