Job Description – Restaurant Supervisor
The Royal Dublin Golf Club, founded in 1885, is a traditional private members' golf club which also caters to overseas visiting golfers. Royal Dublin are looking to recruit a Restaurant Supervisor who can offer a high level of customer service in the bar and restaurant areas in line with the clubs standard operating procedures. They must also be able to give managerial support to the Clubhouse Manager and the Restaurant Manager.
Responsibilities of Restaurant Supervisor
- Provide a warm welcome to all members and guests who enter the bar and restaurant areas.
- Ensure excellent front of house service, allocate and support staff throughout the shift to maintain speed of service and cleanliness of service areas.
- Ensure staff meet the standards of the bar/restaurant, addressing and correcting bad practice where need be.
- Serving food and beverage to guests in line with the Club’s standard operating procedures.
- Explain daily specials, being aware of any allergen information, and assisting customers with any menu related queries they might have.
- Ensure that the bar and restaurant areas are kept clean and presentable at all times.
- Regular cleaning and clearing of tables.
- Provide efficient level of service to all members and guests.
- Follow up with customers in relation to the satisfaction of the food/beverage consumed and the level of service received.
- Processing payments using the till and issuing receipts to the customer.
- Follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Following the procedures that have been put in place by the Clubhouse Manager and Restaurant.
- Ensure all items on the bar/restaurant check list have been completed and signed off on.
- Complete any HACCP training provided by the club to ensure food safety and hygiene levels are of the required standard.
- Detailed check of deliveries for accuracy and quality of product plus the safe storage of deliveries in the appropriate loction.
- Management of stock, ensuring no stock is given to unauthorised persons.
- Ensure stock rotation is applied when storing deliveries and that the correct storage method is applied to each product.
- Maintain back of house and service areas to a high standard.
- Look for ways to avoid waste and limit costs.
- Assist in induction days and training of new F&B staff as required
- Monitor new staff and report back to the managers any areas where refresher training may be needed.
- To have a full understanding of the licensing law and all other legislation relevant to your role.
- To be able to assist in any other duties as requested by management.
Requirements of the Restaurant Supervisor
- A minimum of four years supervisor/management experience.
- High level of experience with the setup and service of functions/banqueting.
- The ability to work as part of a team, supervise a team and be able to work on one's own initiative.
- To be available for work Monday through Sunday and to be on duty for all major Club social and golfing events.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Good time management and ability to prioritise effectively.
- Able to delegate effectively.
- Hard working and reliable, with a strong work ethic.
The Club have a private health insurance plan option with VHI.
All applications should be sent to the Restaurant Manager, Angela Jauca. Applications, will be handled in strictest confidence, can be submitted via email to email@example.com by Sunday 7th of May.